Morocco is a country that offers a rich and diverse cultural heritage, as well as a variety of natural landscapes and attractions. One of the ways to experience the modern and cosmopolitan side of Morocco is to visit its shopping malls, which are not only places to shop, but also to enjoy entertainment, leisure, and gastronomy. In this article, we will explore some of the top shopping malls in Morocco that you can visit in 2023.
Morocco’s shopping malls have come a long way from the bustling souks of yesteryears. Today, they represent the epitome of luxury, convenience, and fashion-forwardness. we will go on a journey through the country’s top shopping destinations, each of which brings its own unique flavor to the retail landscape. From Marrakech to Casablanca, from Fes to Tangier, these malls are more than just shopping centers; they are icons of modern Morocco.
You will get to know the top 10 shopping malls in Morocco 2023, the biggest Mall in Morocco,the biggest market in Morocco, guide to shopping in Morocco 2023, and a whole lot more in this article.
Top 10 shopping malls in Morocco 2023
Here are the top 10 shopping malls in Morocco in 2023:
- Carre Eden Shopping Center, Marrakech: A modern mall with shops, restaurants, cinema, and more.
- Morocco Mall, Casablanca: Africa’s largest mall with an aquarium, ski slope, and luxury hotel.
- Anfaplace Shopping Center, Casablanca: Stylish mall near the beach with a food court, cinema, and shops.
- Mega Mall, Rabat: Elegant mall with an ice skating rink, bowling, and 200+ shops.
- Menara Mall, Marrakech: Cozy mall near Koutoubia Mosque with a rooftop terrace and diverse shops.
- Tanger City Mall, Tangier: Trendy mall with a Mediterranean view, cinema, fitness center, and shops.
- Marina Shopping Center, Agadir: Colorful mall with artful décor, cinema, spa, and fashion stores.
- Ibn Batouta Mall, Tangier: Majestic mall with Islamic architecture, museum, library, and shops.
- Almazar Centre Commercial, Marrakech: Convenient mall with traditional design, supermarket, cinema, and dining.
- Socco Alto, Tetouan: Innovative mall with eco-friendly features, amusement park, and various shops.
What is the biggest Mall in Morocco?
The biggest mall in Morocco is Morocco Mall in Casablanca. It has a floor space of 590000m and features over 350 stores and services, a massive aquarium, and a Guinness World Record for the largest in-store shop facade.
Is Morocco good for shopping?
Morocco is a great destination for shopping lovers. You can find a variety of products that reflect the rich culture and history of the country, such as textiles, pottery, leather goods, spices, argan oil, and more. Morocco is also famous for its souks, which are vibrant marketplaces where you can bargain with the vendors and get amazing deals.
Some of the best souks in Morocco are in Marrakech and Fes Shopping in Morocco can be a fun and rewarding experience, but you should also be prepared to negotiate and walk away if you are not satisfied with the price or quality. You can also ship your purchases back home if they are too bulky or heavy to carry. Morocco is a shopping paradise for those who love to explore and discover new things.
What luxury stores are in the Morocco Mall?
Some of the luxury stores that are in the Morocco Mall are:
- Louis Vuitton
- Ralph Lauren
- Just Cavalli
These are some of the prestigious boutiques that offer high-end fashion and accessories in the mall. You can find them in the Miraj Suite, which also provides bespoke VIP services. The mall also has other international brands such as Lacoste, Banana Republic and American Eagle. If you are looking for a luxury shopping experience in Casablanca, the Morocco Mall is a great place to visit.
Where is the biggest market in Morocco?
The biggest market in Morocco is Souk El Had in the city of Agadir. It is a large souk with around 6,000 stalls that sell a variety of goods, such as clothing, pottery, spices, jewellery, furniture, and more. It is open every day of the week except Mondays, and it is especially busy on Sundays. Souk El Had is a popular place with locals and tourists alike, and it is well-organised and easy to navigate compared to many other souks in Morocco
Are prices cheap in Morocco?
The cost of living in Morocco is, on average, 60.8% lower than in the United States. The average salary after taxes in Morocco is $434, which is enough to cover living expenses for 0.7 months. The prices of some common items in Morocco are as follows:
- A meal in an inexpensive restaurant: 35 Dirham ($3.8)
- A combo meal in a fast food restaurant: 60 Dirham ($6.5)
- A liter of gasoline: 51.48 Dirham ($5.6)
- A monthly pass for public transport: 150 Dirham ($16.3)
- A pair of jeans: 538 Dirham ($58.4)
- A bottle of wine: 70 Dirham ($7.6)
These prices may vary depending on the city, the season, and the quality of the products or services.
How much are clothes in Morocco?
The price of clothes in Morocco depends on the type, quality, and origin of the clothing. You can find a variety of clothes in Morocco, from traditional Moroccan garments to modern Western brands. Here are some examples of the prices of clothes in Morocco:
- A traditional Moroccan dress, called a djellaba, can cost between 50 and 200 Dirham ($5.4 and $21.6), depending on the fabric and the design.
- A pair of Levi’s jeans can cost around 295 Dirham ($32), which is cheaper than in the United States.
- A summer dress from a Western brand can cost around 350 Dirham ($38), which is also lower than in other countries.
- A T-shirt from a local shop can cost around 100 Dirham ($10.8), which is similar to the price in other countries.
- A pair of shoes from a Western brand can cost between 400 and 800 Dirham ($43.2 and $86.4), which is slightly more expensive than in other countries.
- Top shopping malls in Bulgaria
- Top Shopping malls in Comoros
- Top Shopping malls in Turkey
- Top shopping malls in Dominica
- Top Shopping malls in Switzerland
- Top Shopping malls in Hungary
- Top Shopping malls in Papua new guinea
A Guide to shopping in Morocco 2023
Shopping in Morocco is a wonderful experience that can offer you a glimpse of the rich culture and craftsmanship of this country. You can find a variety of products, from leather goods to spices, that reflect the diversity and creativity of the Moroccan people.
However, shopping in Morocco can also be challenging, especially if you are not familiar with the customs and practices of the local markets. Here are some tips and advice to help you make the most of your shopping trip in Morocco in 2023:
1. Where to Shop:
Morocco offers diverse shopping experiences, from bustling traditional souks in old city areas to modern malls like Morocco Mall in Casablanca. You can also explore artisanal centers for unique crafts.
2. What to Buy:
Morocco boasts a rich artistic heritage. Popular items include leather goods, woven textiles, spices, argan oil, ceramics, metal lamps, baskets, and unique regional specialties like Berber wedding blankets.
Haggling is common in Moroccan markets, especially in souks. Start negotiations around 60% lower than the initial price and be polite while bargaining. Feel free to compare prices and ask for discounts when buying multiple items.
4. Dress Modestly:
In a conservative Muslim country like Morocco, dress modestly when visiting markets. Avoid revealing or tight-fitting clothing, covering your shoulders and knees. Scarves can be helpful for women, and men should opt for long pants.
Most market sellers accept cash only, so have enough Moroccan Dirhams (Dhs) on hand. Exchange money at banks or use ATMs. Be cautious with your money and belongings, as there may be pickpockets or scammers in crowded areas. Store your money safely and avoid accepting offers from strangers.