Shopping stores in Hungary! Hungary, located in Central Europe, is a country that boasts a rich culture, history, and architecture. It is home to several magnificent tourist destinations, but what truly sets Hungary apart is its shopping scene. The country is dotted with several traditional markets, high-end boutiques, and large shopping malls that cater to the needs of every shopper. Shopping in Hungary is not just about buying items; it is an experience in itself.
One of the most popular shopping destinations in Hungary is Budapest, the capital city. The city is known for its stunning architecture, including the iconic Hungarian Parliament Building, the Castle Hill, and the Fisherman’s Bastion. Budapest is also home to several world-class shopping malls, including the WestEnd City Center, the Arena Plaza, and the Allee Shopping Mall. These malls offer a wide range of stores that cater to every taste and budget, making it a perfect place to indulge in some retail therapy.
Apart from shopping malls, Hungary is also famous for its traditional markets. The Central Market Hall in Budapest is one of the largest indoor markets in Europe, and it is a must-visit for anyone interested in experiencing the local culture. The market is a vibrant hub of activity, with vendors selling everything from fresh produce, meat, and fish to traditional Hungarian handicrafts and souvenirs.
Whether you’re looking for a unique gift or want to sample some of Hungary’s traditional cuisine, the Central Market Hall is the perfect place to start your shopping journey.
List of available Shopping stores in Hungary
Hungary has a wide range of shopping options available, including shopping malls, traditional markets, boutiques, department stores, and specialty shops. Here is a list of available shopping stores in Hungary:
1. Shopping Malls:
WestEnd City Center, Arena Plaza, Mammut Shopping and Entertainment Center, Corvin Plaza, Árkád Budapest, Campona Shopping Center, Duna Plaza, Europark Shopping Center, KÖKI Terminal, Pólus Center Budapest, Szeged Plaza
2. Traditional Markets:
Central Market Hall, Great Market Hall, Lehel Market, Hunyadi Square Market, Hold Street Market, Fény Street Market
3. Fashion Boutiques:
Nanushka, WAMP Design Fair, Szputnyik shop, Vass Shoes, Printa, Retrock
4. Department Stores:
C&A, Debenhams, Marks & Spencer, H&M, Zara, Mango, Tesco, IKEA
5. Electronics Stores:
MediaMarkt, Saturn, Euronics, Electro World, Extreme Digital, Apple Premium Reseller
6. Specialty Shops:
Hungarian Heritage House, Budapest Christmas Fair and Winter Festival, Aquincum Museum Shop, Bookstores (Alexandra Bookstore, Massolit Books), Tokaji wine shops
These are just a few examples of the shopping stores available in Hungary. Each of these stores offers a unique experience and a range of products to cater to every taste and budget.
Best shopping malls in Hungary
Hungary has several modern and well-equipped shopping malls that offer a wide range of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. Here are some of the best shopping malls in Hungary:
1. WestEnd City Center:
Located in Budapest, the WestEnd City Center is one of the largest shopping malls in Hungary. It has over 400 stores, including international brands such as H&M, Zara, and C&A, as well as a food court, cinema, and fitness center.
2. Arena Plaza:
Another popular shopping mall in Budapest, the Arena Plaza has over 200 stores, including fashion and electronics brands, as well as a variety of restaurants and a cinema.
3. Mammut Shopping and Entertainment Center:
Located in Buda, the Mammut Shopping and Entertainment Center has over 300 stores, a large food court, cinema, and a range of entertainment options for visitors.
4. Corvin Plaza:
Situated in the heart of Budapest, the Corvin Plaza has over 120 stores, a food court, and a cinema, as well as a range of other amenities.
5. Árkád Budapest:
With over 200 stores, Árkád Budapest is one of the largest shopping malls in Hungary. It has a wide range of shops, including clothing, electronics, and home goods, as well as restaurants and a cinema.
These are just a few of the best shopping malls in Hungary, but there are several others to explore as well. Each shopping mall offers a unique experience and a diverse range of options for shoppers of all ages and preferences
Affordable shopping in Hungary
Hungary is a great destination for those who love to shop on a budget. There are several affordable shopping options available throughout the country, including markets, thrift stores, and discount stores. Here are some of the best places for affordable shopping in Hungary:
- Second-hand shops and thrift stores: Hungary has a wide range of second-hand shops and thrift stores where you can find affordable and unique clothing, accessories, and household items. Some popular options include Humana, Szputnyik shop, Retrock, and Fiók Second-hand.
- Discount stores: There are several discount stores in Hungary where you can find affordable household items, clothing, and accessories. Some popular options include Tedi, Pepco, and KIK.
- Markets: Traditional markets are a great place to find affordable produce, meat, fish, and other food items. The Central Market Hall in Budapest is one of the largest indoor markets in Europe and is a great place to shop for fresh, affordable food items.
- Outlet stores: There are several outlet stores in Hungary where you can find discounted clothing, shoes, and accessories. Some popular options include the Pólus Outlet Center and the Fashion Street Outlet.
- Supermarkets: Hungarian supermarkets such as Aldi, Lidl, and Tesco offer a wide range of affordable food and household items.
These are just a few examples of the affordable shopping options available in Hungary. With a little bit of exploration and research, you can find great deals on a variety of products and services throughout the country.
- Top online shopping sites in Australia
- Top shopping Apps in Australia
- Top Online shopping sites in Canada
- Top online shopping sites in USA
- Shopping stores in Australia
Hungarian souvenirs and gifts
If you’re looking for a special gift or souvenir to take home from your visit to Hungary, there are many unique and traditional items to choose from. Here are some popular Hungarian souvenirs and gifts:
- Traditional Hungarian clothing: Embroidered blouses, vests, and dresses are a popular souvenir in Hungary, and can be found at markets and specialty shops.
- Hungarian Folk Art: Hungary has a rich tradition of folk art, including intricate embroidery, pottery, and woodcarvings. These items can be found at markets and specialty shops throughout the country.
- Paprika: Hungary is famous for its paprika, a spice made from dried red peppers. Paprika can be found in markets and specialty shops, and makes a great gift for foodies.
- Wine: Hungary has a long history of winemaking, and produces several unique and delicious varieties. Tokaji Aszú is a sweet dessert wine that is particularly popular.
- Porcelain: Hungary is also known for its fine porcelain, including Herend and Zsolnay, both of which can be found in specialty shops.
- Hungarian music: Traditional Hungarian music is a great gift for music lovers. CDs and DVDs featuring Hungarian folk music and traditional gypsy music can be found in music stores and at markets.
- Hungarian books: Hungary has a rich literary tradition, and books by Hungarian authors or about Hungarian history and culture can be found in bookstores throughout the country.
These are just a few examples of the many unique and traditional souvenirs and gifts that can be found in Hungary. Shopping for souvenirs and gifts can be a great way to experience the culture and traditions of the country.
Do well to bookmark our site for the most recent updates and don’t forget to share this article with others