Are you planning to visit Mongolia in 2023? Do you love shopping and exploring new places? If yes, then you might be interested in knowing about the top shopping malls in Mongolia that offer a variety of products, services, and entertainment options. In this article, we will introduce you to some of the best shopping malls in Mongolia that you can visit in 2023 and enjoy a memorable shopping experience.
Mongolia is a landlocked country in East Asia that is known for its rich culture, history, and natural beauty. It is also a fast-growing economy that has seen a lot of development and modernization in recent years. One of the signs of this progress is the emergence of many shopping malls that cater to the needs and preferences of both locals and tourists. Shopping malls are not only places where you can buy goods, but also where you can have fun, relax, and socialize with others.
In this article, we will present you with a list of the top shopping malls in Mongolia that you can visit in 2023. We will provide you with some information about their location, size, features, and attractions. We will also give you some tips on how to make the most of your shopping trip in Mongolia. Whether you are looking for fashion, electronics, souvenirs, or entertainment, you will find something that suits your taste and budget in these shopping malls. So, let’s get started and explore the top shopping malls in Mongolia 2023!
Best shopping malls in Mongolia 2023
Some of the best shopping malls in Mongolia that you can visit in 2023 are:
- Zaisan Square Center: A modern and spacious mall in Ulaanbaatar’s Zaisan area, offering a wide range of shops, dining, and entertainment options.
- Galleria Ulaanbaatar: A high-end mall near Sukhbaatar Square in Ulaanbaatar, featuring international and local luxury brands, a supermarket, food court, and cultural center.
- Naran Mall: A popular three-story mall on Seoul Street, Ulaanbaatar, with fashion boutiques, beauty salons, electronics stores, and dining choices.
- Hunnu Mall: Located near Chinggis Khaan International Airport, this modern mall stands out with its unique Mongolian ger-inspired design. It offers over 200 shops, a cinema, food court, and an indoor amusement park.
- Naadam Center: Situated on Peace Avenue in Ulaanbaatar, this mall is named after Mongolia’s Naadam festival and features shops selling Mongolian souvenirs, handicrafts, and clothing.
- UB Mart Shopping Center: One of Mongolia’s oldest malls on Chinggis Avenue, offering a variety of products, including items for children, shoes, camping gear, and more.
These malls promise a fantastic shopping experience in Mongolia in 2023.
What to buy in Mongolia 2023
Some of the things that you can buy in Mongolia in 2023 are:
1. Cashmere and Woolen Products:
Mongolia is a major producer of luxurious cashmere and other fine wools. Look for sweaters, scarves, gloves, hats, and blankets made from these materials.
2. Organic Skincare Products:
Discover high-quality organic skincare items crafted from local resources like animal oil, sea buckthorn, herbs, and plants. Brands like Lhamour, Seaberry, and Goo offer a range of products.
3. Silver Bowls:
These traditional Mongolian items are symbols of respect and hospitality. They are used for serving tea or milk and can be found with engraved patterns or names.
4. Leather Wall Hangings:
Lightweight and beautiful, these souvenirs depict Mongolian culture, history, and nature scenes. They are made by painting on leather and framing it with wood.
5. Traditional Games:
Explore traditional Mongolian games based on logic, strategy, and skill. Options include felt chess, anklebone games, puzzle yurt games, khorol games, and uichuur games.
6. Mongolian Souvenirs:
Immerse yourself in Mongolia’s culture and heritage with various souvenirs. Consider items like the morin khuur (horsehead fiddle), egg-shaped dolls, salt lamps, dried beef jerky, Kazakh wall hangings, traditional carpets, chocolate “Golden Gobi,” and more.
These are some of the unique items you can purchase in Mongolia in 2023, offering a delightful shopping experience.
What is the best time to visit Mongolia for shopping?
The best time to visit Mongolia for shopping depends on what kind of products you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend. Here are some factors to consider:
- For cashmere or woolen products, visit in spring or autumn for milder weather and lower prices.
- For organic skincare products, come in summer when plants are in full bloom.
- To buy traditional games, plan your visit for July during the Naadam Festival.
- For leather wall hangings, September or October during eagle hunting festivals is ideal.
- For various Mongolian souvenirs, any time works, but winter months may offer better deals, despite colder weather.
Top places to visit in Mongolia for shopping lovers
Mongolia is a shopper’s paradise with a wide range of offerings. Here are top places to explore:
The capital offers malls like Galleria Ulaanbaatar for high-end brands, Gobi Cashmere for quality cashmere products, and markets like Naran Tuul Market for diverse goods. Don’t miss Mary & Martha Mongolia for traditional games and souvenirs.
2. Terkhiin Tsagaan Nuur:
A serene lake surrounded by natural beauty. Find leather wall hangings, silver bowls, dried beef jerky, and local snacks.
3. Karakorum and Erdene Zuu Monastery:
Explore the historical capital’s ruins and visit Erdene Zuu Monastery for Buddhist treasures and nearby souvenir shops offering morin khuur, traditional carpets, and more.
- Top shopping malls in Iceland
- Top Shopping malls in Tajikistan
- Top Shopping malls in Seychelles
- Top Shopping malls in Antigua and Barbuda
Mongolia shopping guide 2023
Mongolia is a fantastic destination for shoppers in 2023, offering a diverse range of products and experiences. Here’s a guide to help plan your shopping trip:
When to Visit:
Consider your shopping preferences. Spring and autumn are ideal for cashmere products. Summer is great for organic skincare. July is perfect for traditional games during the Naadam Festival. September or October is ideal for leather wall hangings during eagle hunting festivals. For general souvenirs, visit any time, with better deals in winter despite cold weather.
Where to Shop:
Ulaanbaatar is the primary shopping hub, featuring malls, department stores, specialty shops, and markets. Gobi Cashmere and Galleria Ulaanbaatar offer quality cashmere products. Mary & Martha Mongolia is a go-to for traditional games. Explore art and culture at various galleries and Naran Tuul Market for diverse goods.
Venture to unique locations like Terkhiin Tsagaan Nuur, offering local products by the lake. Karakorum and Erdene Zuu Monastery provide historical and cultural souvenirs. Consider renting a car for flexibility or join a guided shopping tour for convenience.
Feel free to share this article with others and share your thoughts or questions in the comment section below