Top shopping malls in Belgium 2023! Belgium is a small country in Western Europe, but it has a lot to offer visitors and locals alike. Besides its rich culture, history, and cuisine, Belgium also boasts some of the best shopping malls in Europe. Whether you are looking for fashion, entertainment, or gastronomy, you will find it in one of these top shopping malls in Belgium 2023.
In this article, we will introduce you to 10 of the most popular and impressive shopping malls in Belgium. We will also give you some tips on how to make the most of your shopping experience in this country. From the historic and elegant Les Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert to the modern and eco-friendly Docks Bruxsel, these shopping malls will satisfy your every need and desire.
But before we dive into the details of each shopping mall, let us surprise you with some facts that you may not know about shopping in Belgium. Did you know that Belgium has the highest density of shopping malls in Europe? Or that Belgium is home to the world’s first chocolate factory outlet? Or that Belgium has a unique market where you can buy and sell antiques, art, and curiosities? These are just some of the reasons why shopping in Belgium is a fun and rewarding activity that you should not miss.
What are the best shopping malls in Belgium 2023?
Some of the shopping malls that are mentioned in the article are:
- Les Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert: A historic and elegant gallery/arcade full of chocolatiers, jewellers, cafes, waffle shops, etc. It is located in the heart of Brussels, near the Grand Place.
- Maasmechelen Village: An outlet village that offers discounts on more than 100 fashion and lifestyle brands. It is situated near the border with the Netherlands and Germany.
- Shopping Stadsfeestzaal: A luxurious shopping mall with a spacious interior and a stunning dome. It is located on Antwerp’s lively Meir, the main shopping street of the city.
- Docks Bruxsel: A modern and eco-friendly shopping mall that features a cinema, a food court, and a rooftop garden. It is built on a former industrial site along the Brussels canal.
How can I save money while shopping in Belgium?
Shopping in Belgium can be expensive, but there are some ways to save money and still enjoy the variety of products and services that this country offers. Here are some tips that you might find useful:
- Compare prices online before you buy anything. You can use price comparison websites for household items, or search for the best deals on travel, hotels, and entertainment.
- Shop at local markets or discount stores for groceries and fresh produce. You can find cheaper and fresher food than in supermarkets, and also support local farmers and businesses.
- Avoid peak times and tourist areas when eating out. You can save money by going to Belgian restaurants at off-peak times, such as lunchtime or weekdays, and choosing less crowded places away from the city center.
- Use public transport or bike instead of driving or taking a taxi. Belgium has a good network of buses, trams, trains, and metro that can take you anywhere in the country. You can also rent a bike or use a bike-sharing service for short distances.
- Take advantage of discounts and special offers. You can find coupons, vouchers, and loyalty cards for various shops, restaurants, and attractions online or in newspapers and magazines. You can also join expat groups or forums to get advice from other people who live in Belgium.
Where to shop in Belgium for fashion, entertainment, and gastronomy?
Belgium offers diverse shopping experiences for fashion, entertainment, and gastronomy enthusiasts. Check out these top shopping destinations:
- Les Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert in Brussels
- Maasmechelen Village near the borders with the Netherlands and Germany
- Shopping Stadsfeestzaal on Antwerp’s Meir
- Tongeren Flea Market in Tongeren
- Neuhaus Factory Shop in Vlezenbeek (near Brussels)
How to enjoy shopping in Belgium with surprising facts and tips
Belgium offers fascinating experiences and insights:
- Chocolate Delight: Belgium produces over 220,000 tons of chocolate annually, with iconic shops like Neuhaus, Godiva, and Pierre Marcolini in Brussels. For budget-friendly options, explore the Godiva factory outlet near Brussels.
- Beer Diversity: With over 1,500 beer varieties, Belgium boasts unique brews like lambic, trappist, and fruit beers. Visit renowned breweries such as Cantillon, Chimay, and Westvleteren, and savor beer festivals like the Belgian Beer Weekend in Brussels or Zythos Beer Festival in Leuven.
- Fashion Finesse: Belgium is a hub for innovative fashion designers like Dries Van Noten, Ann Demeulemeester, and Raf Simons. Discover top boutiques in Antwerp, especially around Rue Antoine Dansaert, and explore the history of Belgian fashion at the Fashion Museum in Antwerp.
- Castle Country: Belgium boasts more castles per square kilometer than any other nation. Marvel at impressive castles like Gravensteen in Ghent, Bouillon Castle in Bouillon, and Château de Beloeil in Beloeil. Additionally, explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites like the Grand Place in Brussels, the Belfries of Belgium and France, and the Flemish Beguinages.
- Top online shopping sites in Tajikistan
- Top Online Shopping Apps in Tajikistan
- Shopping stores in Belarus
Share this post with your friends and don’t forget to leave comments or questions on the shopping malls in Belgium in the space provided below