Thinking of starting a career as a financial advisor? Do You have what it takes to be a financial advisor? You should know that most financial advisors begin their careers in related fields such as banking, insurance, or accounting.
If you are passionate about helping people financially? Do you have the skill to a customer-facing role that requires working and communicating with a variety of people?
If you are comfortable networking and reaching out to strangers and the idea of actively promoting your services to others excites you, then the role of a financial advisor is what you need
If you enjoy working with numbers or have an interest in investments and financial planning and you are also comfortable making decisions for yourself and others, you should have a rethink on growing your career in the field of financial advising.
Who is a Financial Advisor?
A financial advisor is a professional who gives financial advice or guidance to their clients. The services of a Financial Advisor include investment management, income tax preparation and estate planning.
Qualifications of a financial advisor
Before starting your career as a financial advisor, you have to understand what it takes to be one and you have to know why you want to do it. The Financial profession is very rewarding but very demanding at the same time.
Being a Financial Advisor requires certain skills and Educational qualifications:
- Financial advisors must hold a bachelor’s degree in a specific field which includes: finance, business, economics, accounting or mathematics, amongst others
- A financial advisor must have completed financial advisor training.
- Investment and financial advisors are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), so for you to become a qualified financial advisor, you’ll need to gain the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning: Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
- Diploma in Investment Planning: Chartered Banker Institute
- Diploma for Financial Advisers: ifs University College
- Investment Advice Diploma: Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI)
Skills required of a Financial Advisor
Are you fit to be a financial advisor? There are certain criteria that qualify one to be a financial advisor, they include:
- A financial advisor must have knowledge of financial products and the financial market
- Must have executive mathematics and computer skills
- Must be able to analyze and research the Market
- Must be accurate and pays attention to details
- Must have the dedication and willingness to work
For questions and enquires on how to become a successful Financial Advisor, please do well to leave us a comment below.