Do you want to know how to get a work permit in this beautiful European country? Which agencies can help you with the application process? How long does it take to get a work permit and what are the documents required? If yes, then this article is for you. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to apply for a work permit in Hungary in 2023.
In the fast-paced global job market, securing a work permit in Hungary is a significant step toward realizing your career ambitions. With its rich cultural heritage, growing economy, and strategic location in Central Europe, Hungary has become an attractive destination for international professionals
By the end of this article, you will have a clear idea of how to obtain a work permit in Hungary and start your career in this amazing country. So, let’s get started!
How to get a work permit in Hungary in 2023?
To obtain a work permit in Hungary in 2023, follow these steps:
- Find a Hungarian employer willing to hire you, providing a preliminary employment contract and a valid “Workforce Needs Registration Form” from Hungarian authorities
- Apply for an employment visa (D type) at your nearest Hungarian consulate, submitting your passport, resume, diploma, accommodation proof, insurance, bank statement, and documents from your employer
- Upon receiving your visa, enter Hungary and visit the regional directorate of the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing in your future accommodation area. Within 30 days of your arrival, apply for a residence permit and register your Hungarian address.
- Once you have your residence permit, you can legally work in Hungary. Your work permit is valid for the duration of your employment contract, up to 2 years, and can be renewed if you stay with the same employer or find a new one.
What are the requirements and costs of a work permit in Hungary?
Depending on your nationality and job type, Hungary has different work permit requirements and prices. Here are some clear instructions:
- EU/EEA Citizens: No work permit is needed. Obtain a registration card for 600 euros (+VAT if applicable).
- Non-EU/EEA Citizens: Require a combined work and residence permit. The cost is 1,200 euros (+VAT if applicable). The process may take up to 70 days.
- EU Blue Card (Qualified Professionals): Need a valid passport, travel insurance, qualifications proof, and an employment contract with a salary of at least 1.5 times Hungary’s average gross annual salary. The EU Blue Card costs 1,200 euros (+VAT if applicable) and takes up to 90 days.
- Intra-Corporate Transfer Work Permit: For employees of international companies with a presence in Hungary. Requires a valid passport, travel insurance, qualification proof, and an assignment letter from your employer. The permit costs 1,200 euros (+VAT if applicable) and can take up to 70 days
The Role of Agencies in Obtaining a Hungary Work Permit
Navigating the complex process of obtaining a Hungary Work Permit can be challenging. Many individuals and employers choose to enlist the services of specialized agencies. These agencies are well-versed in the application process, can provide expert guidance, and ensure that all necessary documents are in order. While hiring an agency involves an additional cost, it can streamline the process and reduce the risk of delays or complications.
Which agencies can help with the work permit application process in Hungary?
There are several agencies that can help you with the work permit application process in Hungary. Some of them are:
- Helpers Hungary: This agency offers work permit services for non-EU nationals working in Hungary, as well as other immigration and relocation services. They can handle your work permit and residency application, as well as provide you with legal and administrative support.
- Work Permit Hungary: This agency specializes in work permit procedures for foreign workers and employers in Hungary. They can help you with the compliance and cost optimization of your project, as well as payroll and HR support
- Globalization Partners: This agency provides global employment solutions for companies that want to hire employees in Hungary without setting up a legal entity. They can act as your employer of record and take care of the work visa requirements, payroll, taxes, and benefits for your employees.
How long does it take to obtain a work permit in Hungary?
The time it takes to obtain a work permit in Hungary depends on the type of work permit you are applying for and the country you are from. According to the web search results, here are some approximate durations:
- If you are applying for a combined residence and work permit, which is the most common type of work permit for non-EU/EEA nationals, the procedure can take up to 70 days.
- If you are applying for an EU Blue Card, which is a special type of residence permit for highly qualified workers, the procedure can take up to 90 days.
- If you are applying for an intra-corporate transfer work permit, which is a type of work permit for employees of international companies, the procedure can also take up to 70 days.
- If you are an EU/EEA citizen, you do not need a work permit for Hungary. You only need a registration card and a registered address, which can be obtained within 8 days.
These are some of the main types of work permits for Hungary and their processing times.
What are the employment opportunities and rates in Hungary for foreigners?
Foreigners seeking employment in Hungary face varying prospects influenced by factors such as:
- Nationality: EU/EEA citizens can work in Hungary without a permit, whereas non-EU/EEA citizens need specific permits like a combined residence and work permit, the EU Blue Card, or intra-corporate transfer.
- Qualifications and Skills: Highly skilled professionals, especially in fields like engineering, IT, healthcare, and education, are in demand. Proficiency in Hungarian or English is advantageous, and sectors like manufacturing, construction, agriculture, tourism, and healthcare offer opportunities
- Job Location: Budapest presents more job opportunities with higher salaries but also a higher cost of living. Other regions like Central Transdanubia, West Transdanubia, and North Hungary have lower unemployment rates and industry-specific vacancies
- Honduras Work Permit
- Djibouti Work Permit
- Recruitment Agencies in Australia for foreigners
- Recruitment Agencies in the UK for foreigners
- Visa Sponsorship jobs in Qatar for foreigners
- Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Belarus for foreigners
In summary, obtaining a Hungary Work Permit in 2023 is a significant step for foreign nationals seeking employment in this beautiful European country. The process may seem intricate, but with the right information, qualifications, and assistance from professionals or agencies, it becomes manageable. Share this article with others and also bookmark our website.