Welcome to the vibrant shopping scene of Palau in 2023! This Pacific island nation, known for its pristine beaches and rich marine life, is also home to some fantastic shopping malls. Whether you’re a local resident or a curious traveler, these malls offer a diverse range of shopping experiences that cater to everyone’s taste and preferences.
In this article, we will delve into the top shopping malls in Palau, showcasing their unique features and highlighting why they are must-visit destinations for retail therapy.
Get ready to embark on a thrilling shopping journey through Palau, where these top malls offer an array of options to satisfy every shopper’s desires.
Best shopping malls in Palau
Here are the best shopping malls in Palau:
This is a simple mall that has everything from tourist trinkets to kitchen supplies, sports apparel, and a market and drug store. It is three stories tall and has about ten different stores. The prices are reasonable and the customer service is good. You can find this mall in Koror, the largest city in Palau.
This is another mall in Koror that offers a variety of products, such as groceries, household items, electronics, and clothing. The upper level has a nice combo gift/clothing shop that sells quality souvenirs and name brand clothing like O’Neil. You can also find a bakery, a pharmacy, and a hardware store in this mall.
This is a smaller mall that specializes in gift and specialty shops. You can find local handicrafts, jewelry, souvenirs, and snacks here. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the prices are fair. This mall is also located in Koror.
4. International Night Market:
This is not a mall per se, but a street market that opens every Friday night in Koror. You can find local food, drinks, music, and entertainment here. It is a great place to experience the culture and cuisine of Palau. Some of the food stalls are run by local restaurants, so you can sample their dishes at a lower price. The market is also decorated with lights and festive atmosphere.
These are some of the best shopping malls in Palau 2023 that you can check out during your trip.
Where to shop in Palau
Palau is a small island nation in the Pacific, and while it may not have the extensive shopping options of larger destinations, you can find some places to shop for local crafts, souvenirs, and daily necessities. Here are a few places to shop in Palau:
- Koror: The capital city of Palau, Koror, has the most shopping options on the islands. You can find shops selling clothing, electronics, local crafts, and souvenirs.
- WCTC Shopping Center: This is one of the main shopping centers in Koror, offering a range of goods including groceries, clothing, and electronics.
- Palau Craft Center: Located in Koror, this is a great place to find local crafts and traditional Palauan souvenirs like carvings, jewelry, and textiles.
- Street Markets: Keep an eye out for local street markets where you can buy fresh produce, snacks, and sometimes handmade goods. Markets can be a fun way to experience the local culture.
- Duty-Free Shops: There are duty-free shops at Palau’s international airport, where you can buy tax-free goods such as alcohol, tobacco, and luxury items
Palau malls and stores
Here is a list of 10 malls and stores in Palau
- WCTC Shopping Center: A three-story mall with various items and reasonable prices.
- International Night Market: Open on Fridays, offering local food and affordable trinkets.
- Surangel and Sons Co: A mall with quality souvenirs and name brand clothing.
- Surangel’s Supercenter: A one-stop shop for groceries, electronics, clothing, and more.
- Rur Giftshop & Cafe: A cozy shop for local crafts, jewelry, books, and coffee.
- Milad Gift Shop: Near the airport, it offers souvenirs, snacks, and local products.
- Captain Wilson Gallery: Artwork showcasing Palau’s nature and culture.
- Palau Royal Resort Gift Shop: High-quality souvenirs, clothing, and accessories.
- DFS, Palau Airport: 24-hour duty-free shop with various products.
- Palau Pacific Resort Gift Shop: Souvenirs, clothing, jewelry, and diving equipment for rent or purchase.
Shopping options in Koror, Palau
Koror, Palau, offers various shopping options, including local markets, souvenir shops, and boutiques. You can explore places like WCTC Shopping Center, Kramers, and the Palau Women’s Conference Complex for a range of items such as traditional handicrafts, clothing, and local products. Don’t forget to check out the local markets for fresh produce and unique souvenirs. Keep in mind that operating hours may vary, so it’s a good idea to confirm opening times during your visit.
Unique shopping experiences in Palau
Here are a few options if you’re seeking for some unique shopping opportunities in Palau:
- If you are interested in Palauan culture and history, you can visit the Belau National Museum or the Etpison Museum, which display a variety of artifacts, photographs, and exhibits related to the island’s heritage. You can also buy souvenirs and gifts from their gift shops, such as pottery, carvings, weaving, shells, and jewelry.
- If you are a scuba diving enthusiast, you can check out the Pro Shop at the Palau Pacific Resort, which offers a selection of scuba diving equipment, accessories, logo items, and sportswear. You can also find some unique ocean-themed art and gifts at the Captain Wilson Gallery, which showcases and sells Palau photo prints and other items.
- If you are looking for some local food and handicrafts, you can visit the International Night Market in Koror, which is open every Friday night. You can sample a variety of dishes from different cuisines, such as Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Palauan. You can also browse through the stalls selling clothes, accessories, toys, and other products.
- If you are looking for some more shopping options, you can also explore the WCTC Shopping Center, Surangel and Sons Co, Surangel’s Supercenter, Rur Giftshop & Cafe, Milad Gift Shop, Palau Royal Resort Gift Shop, and DFS Palau Airport, which offer a range of products from groceries to electronics to souvenirs
Local crafts and souvenirs in Palau
If you’re shopping for local crafts and souvenirs in Palau, you have several options:
- Storyboards: These intricate carved wooden panels depicting local legends can be found at the Belau National Museum, Ormuul Gift Shop, Etpison Museum, and Tebang Woodcarving.
- Pearls: Palau offers exquisite pearls that can be purchased in various forms, from jewelry to loose pearls, at places like the Palau Pacific Resort, Palasia Resort, and DFS Palau Airport.
- Indigenous Tribal Crafts: Explore the culture of Palau through handicrafts made by indigenous tribes, available at the Senior Citizen’s Cultural Center, International Night Market, and Rur Giftshop & Cafe.
- Modern Souvenirs: For contemporary and fun souvenirs like t-shirts, magnets, keychains, and more, check out places like the WCTC Shopping Center, Surangel and Sons Co, Surangel’s Supercenter, Captain Wilson Gallery, and Milad Gift Shop
Palau shopping guide
Palau is a beautiful island nation known for its natural beauty and marine life, but it may not be a shopping destination like some other places. Nevertheless, you can find unique items and souvenirs to bring home. Here’s a brief shopping guide for Palau:
- Souvenirs: Look for traditional Palauan crafts like handwoven baskets, carved storyboards, and jewelry made from local materials.
- Local Art: Palau has a growing art scene. Consider purchasing paintings or sculptures created by local artists.
- Dive Gear: If you’re a diver, Palau is famous for its incredible diving sites. You can find quality dive gear and accessories in local shops.
- Pearl Jewelry: Palau is known for its black pearls. Consider buying pearl jewelry as a unique souvenir.
- Local Food: You can buy locally made products like coconut oil, jams, and sauces as edible souvenirs.
- Clothing: Some shops offer traditional Palauan clothing like muumuus and colorful printed fabrics.
- Duty-Free Shops: If you’re looking for luxury items or international brands, check out the duty-free shops at the airport.
Remember to shop responsibly and support local businesses when exploring Palau’s shopping options.
- Top shopping malls in Gabon
- Top Shopping Malls in Hungary
- Top Shopping malls in the United Emirates (Dubai)
Please feel free to leave any comments or questions in the box below if you have any. We trust the information provided will help you organize your shopping trip in this beautiful nation.