Do you know How to turn an Amazon gift card into cash? As an Amazon gift card could be a dream present for some, you may not feel that way. If your friends, employer, or family have made an error in choice by buying you an Amazon gift card, know that you can exchange it for cash in several ways, it is important to know how to convert your Amazon gift card to cash.
You might also want to ask, can you transfer your amazon gift can balance to a bank account, can you transfer your gift card balance to PayPal?
Here we will explain how to turn an Amazon gift card into cash and give you helpful pointers on doing an Amazon gift card exchange, let’s start by knowing what an Amazon gift card is.
Amazon gift cards are a way of accessing the products on sale on the platform or other stores that accept payment with these gift cards.
They are cards that can be used to buy from the different sales categories that this largest retail store offers to its customers. It is, therefore, a gift that you can give to other people and that allows them to pick whatever they want, always within Amazon’s platform or in shops that accept payment with this gift card
Some Basics of an Amazon Gift Card
Amazon gift cards like other gift cards contain a specific amount of money that you can use to purchase anything on Amazon’s platform. They are popular for their vast selection of features, degree of personalization and customization options. An Amazon gift card can:
- Have a custom message and a set delivery date
- Be used anytime since it doesn’t have an expiration date
- Come in up to hundreds of different packages and designs
- There are many different types of Amazon gift cards, including:
- eGift cards
- Print at Home cards
- Gift cards by mail
- Anytime greeting cards
Considering that Amazon has such an extensive choice of selection of products, almost anyone will find their gift card useful. However, if you would rather have money, you can use one of the certified ways to exchange an Amazon gift card for cash.
How To Convert an Amazon Gift Card to Cash
Amazon will not let you return the gift card for cash, and you can not ask the person who gave you the card to take it back and give you money instead.
The good news is you can exchange your gift card for cash in many other ways, as listed below
- Use Reddit: This popular social platform has a subreddit for gift card exchanges, where you can exchange your card for cash or other gift cards
- Sell the card on eBay or Craigslist: You can sell your gift card on eBay for higher rate than it’s worth. Craigslist is one of the quickest ways to get cash for a gift card, provided you are willing to lower the price than the worth.
- Buy presents for family and friends and get the money in exchange: Your friends or family members could probably need a few items from Amazon. You can purchase those items and ask for cash in exchange.
- Use CoinStar: CoinStar has kiosks all over the country that you can use to exchange gift cards for cash. This option only works with physical cards since you have to insert them into the machine
- Use gift card reseller sites: This option is a bit risky cause some sites might not be trust worthy but it is a valid option, even though it’s not the fastest or most profitable. You should also do good research to find a trust worthy website, as well as the one offering the biggest payout
- Buy groceries that can be delivered to your doorstep via an Amazon gift card such as; Drinks, Coffee, Snacks, Household items
Use the gift card to buy them and keep the equivalent amount in cash next time you get a pay check
Can you transfer your Amazon gift card balance to paypal
It is not possible to transfer your Amazon Gift Card balance to PayPal. However, there are some options for combining these gift cards with PayPal. We show you how to do this, in which cases it is possible and in which situations it is not
How to Transfer From Your Amazon Gift Card to a Bank Account
It is possible. Transferring funds from an Amazon gift card is very simple. It only takes a few steps.
- Go to the Amazon Pay website
- Click “Shoppers” and sign in
- Tap “withdraw funds”
- Choose your desired bank account
- Enter the amount you’d like to transfer to your bank account.
Amazon, the commercial giant has the most popular gift cards, its often important to get information such as; how to convert Amazon gift cards into cash, and how to exchange Amazon gift card for cash.
It is also good to know the simple steps of how to transfer your Amazon gift card balance to your bank account as well as knowing the basics of Amazon gift cards.