Top shopping malls in Mauritius 2023! You might be wondering, “What are the best malls in Mauritius?”What can one purchase locally in Mauritius? How can I get to the Mauritius Phoenix Mall? What entertainment alternatives are available at the La City Trianon Mall in Mauritius? Then you ought to read this article.
The wonderful island country of Mauritius is located in the Indian Ocean and is well-known for its breathtaking beaches, coral reefs, and rich culture. But did you know that some of the top malls in Africa can be found in Mauritius? You can get everything you need at these incredible malls, whether you’re seeking worldwide brands, wonderful cuisine, or local handicrafts.
Here, you will learn about the top five malls in Mauritius that you must visit in 2023, the local products to buy in Mauritius, the entertainment options in La City Trianon Mall Mauritius, How to get to Phoenix Mall Mauritius, and a lot more
- Top Shopping Malls in Equatorial Guinea
- Top Shopping malls in Bangladesh
- Top Shopping malls in Zimbabwe
What are the best malls in Mauritius?
The best malls in Mauritius are those that offer a variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment options for all tastes and budgets. The following are the top five malls in Mauritius that you should visit in 2023:
- Phoenix Mall Mauritius: This mall has over 100 stores, including fashion, electronics, home decor, and more. You can also enjoy a movie at the multiplex cinema, a game at the bowling alley, or a meal at one of the many restaurants and cafes.
- La City Trianon Mall Mauritius: This mall has a mix of local and international brands, as well as a hypermarket, a food court, and a kids’ play area. You can also find some unique shops that sell Mauritian products, such as tea, rum, spices, and souvenirs.
- Riche Terre Mall Mauritius: This mall has a wide range of shops, from clothing and accessories to books and toys. You can also enjoy some entertainment options, such as a cinema, a casino, and a karaoke bar.
- Bagatelle Mall of Mauritius: This mall is the largest and most visited mall in Mauritius, with over 150 stores and 40 restaurants. You can find everything from luxury brands to local crafts, as well as a supermarket, a fitness center, and a spa.
- Grand Baie La Croisette: This mall is a modern and stylish mall that offers a great view of the Grand Baie lagoon. You can shop for fashion, jewelry, art, and beauty products, or relax at the open-air lounge, the cinema, or the nightclub.
What are the local products to buy in Mauritius?
Mauritius offers a range of unique local products for souvenirs and gifts. You can explore:
- Fashion and Accessories: Discover high-quality textiles and clothing items like sarongs, saris, silk scarves, wall hangings, bed linen, cushion covers, and tablecloths at duty-free shops. You can also find handcrafted jewelry, natural material hats, bags, and leather goods.
- Culinary Delights: Mauritius’ diverse cuisine, influenced by African, Indian, Chinese, and French traditions, yields a bounty of local products. Shop for cane sugar, vanilla pods, aromatic spices, jams, fruit jellies, cookies, teas, coffee, and honey.
- Beverages: Mauritius is known for its local beverages, including rum, beer, and wine. You can sample the island’s rum, which is made from sugarcane. Don’t forget to explore the unique flavors like vanilla, coconut, passion fruit, and spiced varieties.
- Cane Sugar: As one of the world’s leading cane sugar producers, Mauritius offers a variety of sugar types, including white, brown, demerara, and muscovado. You can also find sugar-based products like candies, syrups, and molasses.
- Tea: Mauritius boasts a thriving tea industry. Visit local plantations and purchase tea from renowned brands like Bois Chéri, which offers black, green, and herbal teas. You can even explore the tea factory and museum to learn more about Mauritius’ tea culture.
These are some of the treasures Mauritius has to offer. Enjoy your shopping experience and discover products that align with your preferences and budget.
How to get to Phoenix Mall Mauritius?
There are different ways to get to Phoenix Mall Mauritius, depending on your location and preference. Here are some options:
1. By car: You can drive to Phoenix Mall Mauritius by following the directions on Google Maps. The mall has a covered parking area with security and cameras. The parking fees are as follows:
- First 3 hours: FREE
- From +03 to 08 hours: Rs 80
- Above 08 hours: Rs 150
- +24 hours: Rs 500
- Monthly fees (Membership): Rs 2,500
2. By metro: You can take the Metro Express to Phoenix Mall Mauritius, which operates from Monday to Sunday, including public holidays. The metro station is located near the mall entrance. The operating hours and fares of the metro can be found on the Metro Express website.
3. By bus: You can take a bus to Phoenix Mall Mauritius from various locations in Mauritius. The bus stop is located near the mall entrance. You can check the bus routes and schedules on the Mauritius Bus Transport website.
Phoenix Mall Mauritius is a shopping center that offers a variety of local and international brands, food outlets, and entertainment options. You can also visit the Metro Market, which features a variety of food and craft stalls near the metro station.
What are the entertainment options in La City Trianon Mall Mauritius?
La City Trianon Mall Mauritius is a shopping and entertainment destination that offers a variety of options for you to enjoy. Some of the entertainment options are:
- M Ciné: A movie theater that shows the latest Hollywood and Bollywood movies in different languages. You can check the movie schedule and book your tickets online.
- Aquastar: A water park that features slides, pools, fountains, and a lazy river. You can have fun with your family and friends on this aquatic adventure.
- Food City: A food court that offers a range of cuisines, from Mauritian to international. You can taste the local delicacies or try something new from the different stalls.
- Events: La City Trianon Mall Mauritius also hosts various events, festivals, master classes, exhibitions, and other mass entertainment programs throughout the year. You can join the celebrations and learn something new from the experts.
These are some of the entertainment options in La City Trianon Mall Mauritius.
How to find cheap and quality clothes in Quatre Bornes Market?
Quatre Bornes Market is a popular place to find cheap and quality clothes in Mauritius. Here are some tips to help you shop there:
- The market is open on Thursdays and Sundays, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. These are the days when the textile section of the market is at its best, offering items such as underwear, sportswear, or Indian dresses.
- You can find fabric of various colors and materials on sale, along with blankets, tablecloths, shoes, bags, and trinkets. You can also buy ready-made clothes or have them tailored to your size and preferences.
- The market is busy but covered, so you are out of the sun. However, it can also be hot and crowded, so make sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring a bottle of water and a hat.
- You can bargain with the sellers, but be respectful and polite. The prices are not overly expensive compared to other markets in Mauritius, but you can still try to get a good deal by haggling or buying in bulk.
- You can also enjoy the food court, which offers a range of cuisines, from Mauritian to international. You can taste the local delicacies or try something new from the different stalls.
- You can also explore nearby attractions, such as the Trianon Shopping Park or the Phoenix Mall, which offer more shopping and entertainment options.
What are the food specialties in Port Louis Central Market?
Port Louis Central Market is a place where you can find a variety of food specialties from different cultures and regions. Some of the food specialties are:
- Dholl puri: A thin flatbread made from yellow split peas, stuffed with various fillings such as curry, chutney, or pickles. It is a popular street food that originated in India.
- Chilli cake: A spicy snack made from chickpea flour, herbs, and chilies It is deep-fried and served with sauces or chutneys. It is also known as gâteau piment or gato pima.
- Samosa: A triangular pastry filled with potatoes, peas, onions, and spices. It is another Indian-inspired snack that is crispy and savory.
- Chinese noodles: A dish made from wheat or rice noodles, stir-fried with vegetables, meat, eggs, and soy sauce. It is influenced by Chinese cuisine and adapted to the local taste.
- Merveilles: A French pastry that resembles a Mexican churro. It is a thin dough that is deep-fried and sprinkled with sugar. It is a sweet treat that melts in your mouth.
These are some of the food specialties in Port Louis Central Market. You can also try other delicacies such as fritters, roti, farata, sorbet, or Alouda.
What are the unique souvenirs to buy at Le Craft Market?
Le Craft Market in Mauritius offers a diverse array of unique souvenirs, including:
- Wooden Artifacts: Discover exquisite wooden sculptures, carvings, boxes, and model ships crafted from local woods like ebony, teak, and mahogany.
- Spices: Purchase boxes of locally grown and processed spices such as turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and vanilla to enhance your culinary creations.
- Textiles: Find vibrant and high-quality textiles like sarongs, scarves, t-shirts, bags, and hats adorned with local prints, crafted from materials suitable for the tropical climate.
- Seashell Creations: Explore artistic items made from seashells and conch shells collected from Mauritius’ beaches, including jewelry, ornaments, lamps, and mirrors.
- Dodo Bird Souvenirs: Celebrate the unique history of the dodo bird, native to Mauritius and extinct since the 17th century, with a range of souvenirs like stuffed toys, keychains, magnets, mugs, and flip-flops.
These souvenirs capture the essence and culture of Mauritius, making Le Craft Market a must-visit destination.
Mauritius Shopping Guide 2023
Shopping in Mauritius can be a delightful experience, as the island offers a variety of goods from local handicrafts to high-end fashion brands. Here’s a shopping guide to help you make the most of your shopping trip in Mauritius:
1. Local Markets:
- Port Louis Central Market: Located in the capital city, this market is known for its vibrant atmosphere. You can find a wide range of products, including fresh produce, textiles, souvenirs, and handicrafts.
- Quatre Bornes Market: Famous for its textiles and clothing items, this market is a great place to shop for affordable clothes, fabrics, and accessories.
2. Crafts and Souvenirs:
- Caudan Waterfront: This shopping complex in Port Louis offers a variety of shops selling souvenirs, local handicrafts, and jewelry. It’s a great place to pick up unique gifts.
- Le Craft Market: Located in the north of the island, this market features a wide array of handcrafted items, from wooden sculptures to jewelry.
3. Malls and Shopping Centers:
- Bagatelle Mall: This is one of the largest shopping malls in Mauritius, offering a mix of local and international brands, dining options, and entertainment.
- Phoenix Mall: Located in the center of the island, this mall is a good place for shopping, with a range of shops and eateries.
4. Duty-Free Shopping:
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport: If you’re looking for duty-free shopping, the airport offers a variety of products, including jewelry, perfumes, and electronics.
5. Local Art and Craft Stores:
- Look out for stores that sell traditional Mauritian items such as colorful saris, local artwork, handmade jewelry, and model ships. These can make for memorable souvenirs.
6. Local Flavors:
- Don’t forget to try and purchase local food products such as vanilla tea, rum, spices, and delicious local snacks.
- Bargaining is common in local markets, so don’t be afraid to negotiate the price when shopping at smaller stalls and markets.
- The local currency is the Mauritian Rupee (MUR). While most places accept major credit cards, it’s a good idea to carry some cash for smaller shops and markets.
9. Shopping Tips:
- Check the return policy before making purchases, especially for clothing and electronics.
Make sure to ask for receipts for any significant purchases, as these can be useful for customs when leaving the country.
Has this article on the top shopping malls in Mauritius been helpful to you? Do you have any questions or comments? Do well to leave them in the box below, and don’t forget to share this article with others.