Samoa is an island country in the South Pacific Ocean renowned for its stunning coastlines, verdant jungles, and kind inhabitants. With so many malls to pick from, it’s a terrific spot to shop as well. Compared to other nations, Samoan malls are often smaller, yet they nevertheless provide a good selection of shops. Everything is available, from local stores offering traditional Samoan crafts and souvenirs to worldwide retailers.
Since Samoans are recognized for their warm hospitality, you can anticipate being welcomed with a grin at the majority of businesses. When shopping, it’s crucial to respect Samoan traditions and culture. For instance, haggling in retailers is frowned upon.
Samoan retail centers are fantastic locations to buy whatever you need, from groceries to trinkets. You are likely to discover something you like with so many businesses to pick from.
Best shopping malls in Samoa
There are not many shopping malls in Samoa, but there are plenty of other options for shopping. Here are some of the places you can visit:
- Old Apia Market: This is a flea market where you can find local produce, handicrafts, souvenirs, and clothing. You can also enjoy the lively atmosphere and interact with the friendly vendors. This is a great place to experience the Samoan culture and buy some unique items.
- The Vanya Taule’alo Gallery: This is an art gallery that showcases the work of Vanya Taule’alo, a renowned Samoan artist. You can admire her paintings, sculptures, and jewelry, and also buy some of her creations. The gallery also has a café that serves delicious food and coffee with a view of the ocean.
- Janet’s: This is a specialty and gift shop that sells high-quality Samoan and Pacifica clothes, handcrafts, jewelry, and books. You can find traditional and modern designs, as well as organic and natural products. This is a good place to shop for yourself or for someone special.
- Mailelani Samoa: This is a shop that specializes in coconut oil products, such as soap, lotion, shampoo, and lip balm. You can also find other natural and organic products, such as honey, tea, and spices. All the products are made in Samoa with local ingredients and are environmentally friendly.
- Salelologa Market: This is a market on the island of Savai’i, where you can find fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods, souvenirs, and other goods. You can also enjoy the music and dance performances by the locals. This is a good place to visit if you want to see another side of Samoa.
These are some of the best places for shopping in Samoa according to my web search results. I hope you have a wonderful time exploring them.
What to buy in Samoa
Beautiful Samoan islands in the South Pacific are home to a vibrant natural world and a rich culture. Here are some recommendations for things to buy in Samoa if you’re thinking about visiting or searching for gifts to take home:
- Handicrafts: Look for traditional Samoan handicrafts like wood carvings, woven mats, and jewelry, which are available in markets and cultural villages.
- Food: Explore local cuisine in Samoa, with options like oka (raw fish salad), palusami (coconut cream in taro leaves), and koko Samoa (local chocolate drink). You can also find fresh produce at the Fugalei market.
- Clothing: Discover traditional Samoan clothing like lavalavas and puletasis, as well as modern apparel with Samoan designs, available in shops and markets.
- Services: Consider online options for sending gift vouchers, paying for services, or supporting local businesses and farmers in Samoa.
Best place to buy Samoan clothing for kids
There are many places where you can buy Samoan clothing for kids, but some of the most popular ones are:
- Janet’s Samoa: This is an online store that sells a variety of Samoan clothing for kids, such as shirts, dresses, skirts, and puletasi. They have beautiful island prints and designs that reflect the Samoan culture and heritage. You can browse their collection at Janet’s Samoa
- Etsy: This is a global marketplace that connects buyers and sellers of handmade and vintage goods. You can find many unique and creative Samoan clothing for kids on Etsy, such as onesies, hoodies, jackets, and shirts. Some of the sellers also offer custom orders and personalization. You can check out some of the options at Etsy.
- Zazzle: This is an online platform that allows you to create and customize your own products, such as clothing, accessories, home decor, and more. You can choose from thousands of designs or upload your own images and text. You can also find some ready-made Samoan clothing for kids on Zazzle, such as t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, and bibs. You can explore their selection at Zazzle
Best place to buy discounted electronics in Samoa
In Samoa, finding discounted electronics can be a bit challenging, as electronics prices tend to be relatively high due to import costs. However, there are a few places you can explore for electronics shopping, and sometimes they may offer discounts or promotions:
- Apia, the Capital City: Apia is the largest city in Samoa and offers a variety of shops and markets where you can buy electronics. Try the Gaisoa Electronics and Electrical store, or check out the local shops in the main business district. Occasionally, you may find discounted items or sales events.
- Local Online Marketplaces: You can also check out local online marketplaces or classified websites specific to Samoa. Websites like SamoaMarket.com or even Facebook Marketplace for Samoa may have listings for used or discounted electronics.
- Duty-Free Stores: While not always significantly cheaper, you might find some deals on electronics at duty-free shops at Faleolo International Airport. Keep in mind that the selection can be limited.
- Ask Locals: Don’t hesitate to ask locals for advice on where to find the best deals on electronics. They may be aware of special promotions or discounts at specific stores.
- Secondhand and Thrift Stores: If you’re open to buying used electronics, consider checking out secondhand stores. You may come across discounted gadgets and devices that are still in good condition.
- Wait for Sales or Promotions: Keep an eye on local advertisements and flyers for sales or promotions, especially around the holiday season or special events.
Best place to buy fresh produce in Samoa
Looking for the best places to buy fresh produce in Samoa? Here are your options:
- Fugalei Fresh Produce Market: Located in Apia, this bustling market is open daily, offering a wide array of tropical fruits, vegetables, and traditional Samoan dishes. It’s not just a place to shop but also an opportunity to soak in the lively atmosphere and interact with friendly vendors.
- Salelologa Market: Situated on the island of Savai’i, this market is renowned for its extensive selection of local products, including taro, bananas, coconuts, breadfruit, and more. It’s not just about produce; you can also find handicrafts, clothing, and souvenirs here.
- Fish Market: If you’re a seafood lover, the Apia fish market is your go-to spot. Get there early (preferably before 11 am) to enjoy the freshest catches, such as tuna and octopus. You can even watch fishermen unloading their haul and haggle for the best prices.
- Farmer Joe: With two convenient locations in Fugalei and Vaitele, Farmer Joe is a supermarket chain known for offering quality products at affordable prices. They have a Facebook page where you can stay updated on their promotions and stock up on groceries, including fresh produce, meat, dairy, and bakery items.
Farmers Shopping Center Samoa
- Farmer Joe: A supermarket chain with locations in Fugalei and Vaitel, Samoa. They offer quality products at affordable prices. Check their updates and promotions on their Facebook page.
- Samoa Agriculture Store: Located in Apia, the capital city, they provide agriculture products, hardware tools, and chemicals for farmers and gardeners. Contact them through their Facebook page.
- Markets: Visit flea markets and farmers markets in Samoa for souvenirs, handicrafts, and local produce. Popular markets include Fugalei Market, Savalalo Market, and Salelologa Market.
- Online Shopping: Explore Samoamarket.com for a variety of products and services in Samoa, including wholesale food, bulk goods, gift vouchers, and more. You can also shop by vendor and read reviews on the platform
- Top Shopping Mall in Gambia
- Top online shopping Apps in Belarus
- Top online shopping sites in Australia
- Top Shopping malls in United Emirates (Dubai)
- Top Shopping Mall in Ghana
- Top shopping malls in Poland
Samoa shopping guide
Samoa is a beautiful island nation in the South Pacific known for its stunning natural landscapes and vibrant Polynesian culture. While it may not be a shopping destination like some major cities, you can still find unique and locally-made items to take home as souvenirs. Here’s a shopping guide for Samoa:
1. Local Crafts:
- Tapa Cloth: Tapa is a traditional Samoan fabric made from the inner bark of certain trees. It’s often decorated with intricate designs and can be a great souvenir.
- Handwoven Mats: Samoan women are skilled weavers, and you can find beautifully crafted woven mats that make for a unique and functional souvenir.
- Wooden Carvings: Samoan woodcarvers create intricate designs on wooden items, such as bowls, sculptures, and war clubs.
2. Samoa Markets:
- Apia Flea Market: This market is located in the capital city of Apia and is a great place to buy handicrafts, clothing, jewelry, and local food.
- Fish Market: For a taste of Samoan cuisine, visit the fish market to buy fresh seafood like tuna and octopus.
3. Local Food:
- Local delicacies, such as coconut products, taro, and banana chips, can make for tasty souvenirs. Look for roadside stalls and local markets to sample and purchase these items.
- Samoan clothing is unique and vibrant. Look for traditional Samoan dresses called “puletasi” and “lavalava” (sarong-like garments) if you’re interested in wearing traditional attire.
- Samoan jewelry often features local materials like shells and coconut husks. You can find necklaces, bracelets, and other accessories that reflect the island’s culture.
6. Duty-Free Shopping:
- If you’re looking for international brands, you can visit the duty-free shops at Faleolo International Airport.
7. Art Galleries:
- Explore local art galleries to find paintings and sculptures by Samoan artists.
8. Village Shops:
- Don’t hesitate to visit the small shops in local villages. They may offer unique, locally-made products, and shopping here supports the local community.
Kava is a traditional Polynesian drink made from the root of the kava plant. It’s used in ceremonies and for relaxation. You can buy kava in local markets or specialized stores.
10. Music and Dance:
- Look for CDs and DVDs of traditional Samoan music and dance performances to enjoy the sounds and rhythms of the culture.
When shopping in Samoa, it’s essential to respect the local customs and traditions. Bargaining is not a common practice in Samoan markets, so be prepared to pay the listed prices. Also, be aware of the customs regulations and restrictions regarding items like food and agricultural products when taking souvenirs home.
Do well to share this article with others and don’t forget to bookmarks us for the most recent updates.