If you are planning to visit Vanuatu in 2023, you should not miss the opportunity to shop at some of the top shopping malls in the country. Not only will you find a wide range of products and services at affordable prices, but you will also support the local economy and community. Shopping in Vanuatu is more than just a fun activity; it is also a way to learn about the culture and history of this amazing island nation.
Vanuatu offers quick and economical shopping. From clothing and handicrafts to electronics and health care, you may find a wide range of goods and services at affordable rates. The shopping centers also offer free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, parking, and other conveniences. Additionally, you can benefit from the year-round special events, discounts, and promotions that are provided. Shopping in Vanuatu is a great way to get the most for your money while saving time and money.
In this article, we will show you why shopping in Vanuatu is a must-do for any traveler, how you can find the best deals and bargains at the top shopping malls in Vanuatu 2023, and a whole lot more.
Best shopping malls in Port Vila.
Some of the best shopping malls in Port Vila are:
- Fung Kuei: A well-known duty free store offering a large variety of products at great prices. You can find perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol, electronics, and more in this iconic yellow building.
- Tana Russet Plaza: A modern shopping complex that has a supermarket, a pharmacy, a cinema, a food court, and several shops selling clothing, accessories, and souvenirs.
- Prouds Duty Free Vanuatu: Another duty free shop that has a wide range of items such as watches, jewelry, sunglasses, handbags, and chocolates. It also has a café where you can enjoy a drink or a snack.
These are some of the popular shopping malls in Port Vila that you can visit during your stay in Vanuatu.
Prouds Duty Free Vanuatu prices.
Prouds Duty Free Vanuatu is a duty free shop that offers a wide range of products such as watches, jewelry, sunglasses, handbags, and chocolates. It also has a café where you can enjoy a drink or a snack. Some of the prices of the products are:
You can find brands such as Guess, Diesel, Fossil, and Skagen at Prouds Duty Free Vanuatu. The prices range from AU$140 to AU$500 depending on the model and features.
You can find brands such as Pandora, Swarovski, and Thomas Sabo at Prouds Duty Free Vanuatu. The prices range from AU$50 to AU$300 depending on the design and material.
You can find brands such as Ray-Ban, Oakley, and Prada at Prouds Duty Free Vanuatu. The prices range from AU$100 to AU$400 depending on the style and quality.
You can find brands such as Guess, Calvin Klein, and Michael Kors at Prouds Duty Free Vanuatu. The prices range from AU$100 to AU$500 depending on the size and color.
You can find brands such as Lindt, Ferrero Rocher, and Toblerone at Prouds Duty Free Vanuatu. The prices range from AU$10 to AU$50 depending on the quantity and variety.
These are some of the prices of the products that you can find at Prouds Duty Free Vanuatu.
Vanuatu shopping mall facilities and services.
Vanuatu offers diverse shopping experiences. Here are highlights from some of its malls:
- Prouds Duty Free Vanuatu: Offers watches, jewelry, sunglasses, and more. Provides free Wi-Fi, delivery, and gift wrapping.
- Tana Russet Plaza: Modern complex with a supermarket, pharmacy, cinema, and shops. Offers free parking, ATM, wheelchair access, and a baby changing room.
- Fung Kuei: Well-known duty-free store with perfumes, cosmetics, electronics, and more. Features air-conditioned comfort, helpful staff, and loyalty rewards.
Explore these options for a rewarding shopping experience in Vanuatu!
Vanuatu shopping mall opening hours.
The opening hours of the shopping malls in Vanuatu vary depending on the location and the day of the week. According to the web search results, here are some general guidelines for the shopping hours in Vanuatu.
- Most shops are open from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Friday, with some variations depending on the type of shop and the season.
- Some businesses close for a ‘siesta’ from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm, except restaurants, banks, supermarkets, and the post office.
- Most shops are closed on Sundays, except on cruise ship days when shops in Port Vila are open.
- Markets are generally open 24 hours from Monday to Saturday, but it is best to shop early in the morning when all the fresh produce has arrived.
- Supermarkets usually stay open until around 8:00 pm from Monday to Saturday.
- Alcohol cannot be bought in any shop or supermarket after 12:00 pm on Saturday and all day Sunday.
These are some of the common shopping hours in Vanuatu,
Are things cheap in Vanuatu?
The answer to this question depends on what you compare Vanuatu with and what kind of products and services you are interested in. Vanuatu is a relatively expensive country to live in, as it ranks 13th out of 197 countries by cost of living. However, this does not mean that everything is expensive in Vanuatu. Some things are cheaper than in other countries, while some things are more expensive.
For example, if you compare Vanuatu with the United States, you will find that some items are cheaper in Vanuatu, such as food, clothing, and transportation. You can buy a meal in an inexpensive restaurant for about VT 1,146 (US$ 10.4), a pair of jeans for about VT 5,500 (US$ 49.8), and a liter of gasoline for about VT 232 (US$ 2.1)3. However, some items are more expensive in Vanuatu, such as housing, utilities, and personal care2. You can expect to pay about VT 100,000 (US$ 905.9) for a monthly rent for a furnished apartment in a normal area, about VT 44,000 (US$ 398.6) for monthly utilities for two people, and about VT 1,100 (US$ 9.9) for a pack of cigarettes.
Therefore, the cost of living in Vanuatu varies depending on your lifestyle and preferences. You can use online tools such as Numbeo or Expatistan to compare the prices of different items in Vanuatu with other countries and cities.
What is the best currency to take to Vanuatu?
The official currency in Vanuatu is the vatu, denoted as VT or VUV. It can’t be subdivided, and there are various denominations of coins and banknotes available. When visiting, it’s recommended to exchange your Australian dollars into vatu, as you’ll generally get better rates in Vanuatu’s main cities like Port Vila and Luganville, where you can find money changers and ATMs. However, outside urban centers, access to such services is limited, so having sufficient cash on hand for rural travel is advisable.
While some shops and restaurants in Port Vila may accept Australian dollars, the exchange rates are often unfavorable, and surcharges may apply. It’s more convenient to use vatu for most transactions. Additionally, a few debit and credit cards can be used, but they may involve fees for currency conversion and international transactions. To ensure a smooth experience, it’s wise to check with your bank and consider using cards like Citibank, ING, Revolut, or TransferWise, known for fewer travel-related fees and competitive exchange rates.
Are there any local markets in Port Vila?
Yes, there are several local markets in Port Vila where you can shop for fresh produce, handicrafts, and souvenirs. Some of the most popular ones are:
1. Port Vila Markets:
A lively and bustling market that is open 24 hours a day, except Saturday afternoons and Sundays. You can find a variety of fruits, vegetables, fish, meat, and flowers here, as well as some local delicacies such as shellfish, pastries, and coffee. You can also browse the stalls selling bead and shell jewelry, woven baskets and mats, woodwork, sculptures, and bright beachwear .
2. Port Vila Handicraft Market:
A smaller market that is located along the seafront near the post office. Here you can find more authentic and traditional crafts made by local artisans, such as carvings, masks, pottery, paintings, and musical instruments .
3. Hebrida Market Place:
A specialty shop that offers hand-painted clothing and accessories made from natural materials such as cotton, silk, and hemp. You can find colorful dresses, shirts, skirts, scarves, bags, hats, and more here. The shop also supports local women’s groups and environmental projects.
- Top online shopping apps in Austria
- Top online shopping Apps in Belarus
- Top online shopping sites in Australia
- Top Shopping Mall in Ghana
- Top shopping malls in Poland
- Top shopping malls in Morocco
- Top shopping malls in Iceland
- Top Shopping malls in Vietnam
- Top Shopping malls in Hungary
- Top Shopping malls in United Emirates (Dubai)
- Top Shopping malls in Antigua and Barbuda
Vanuatu shopping mall events and promotions.
Vanuatu is a great place to shop for a variety of products, from local handicrafts to duty-free goods. If you are looking for some events and promotions in the shopping malls of Vanuatu
1. Prouds Duty Free Vanuatu:
This duty free shop offers a wide range of items such as watches, jewelry, sunglasses, handbags, and chocolates. It also has a café where you can enjoy a drink or a snack. They have some ongoing promotions such as:
- Buy any two watches and get 20% off the second one.
- Buy any two perfumes and get a free gift bag.
- Buy any two sunglasses and get a free cleaning kit.
2. Tana Russet Plaza:
This modern shopping complex has a supermarket, a pharmacy, a cinema, a food court, and several shops selling clothing, accessories, and souvenirs. They have some upcoming events such as:
- A fashion show featuring the latest trends from local and international brands on September 25th at 6 pm.
- A movie night featuring the premiere of the new action thriller “The Vanuatu Job” on September 27th at 8 pm.
- A raffle draw with prizes such as vouchers, gadgets, and tickets to attractions on September 30th at 4 pm.
3. Fung Kuei:
This well-known duty free store offers a large variety of products at great prices. You can find perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol, electronics, and more in this iconic yellow building. They have some special offers such as:
- Get a free bottle of wine when you spend over VT 10,000 on any product.
- Get a free travel bag when you buy any two bottles of liquor.
- Get a free power bank when you buy any smartphone or tablet.
These are some of the events and promotions that you can find in the shopping malls of Vanuatu.
How you can find the best deals and bargains at the top shopping malls in Vanuatu 2023.
To find the best deals and bargains at the top shopping malls in Vanuatu in 2023, consider these tips:
1. Research in Advance:
Before your trip, research the malls and their stores online. Check for any ongoing promotions, sales, or discounts on their websites or social media pages.
2. Local Insights:
Ask locals or hotel staff for recommendations on where to find the best deals. They may know of hidden gems or special offers.
3. Visit During Sales Events:
Plan your shopping trip during major sales events or holidays when many stores offer discounts. Examples include Black Friday, Christmas, or local festivals.
4. Compare Prices:
Don’t settle for the first price you see. Compare prices across different stores within the mall to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
5. Outlet Stores:
Some malls have outlet stores that offer discounted products year-round. These can be great places to find bargains.
6. Join Loyalty Programs:
If available, join loyalty programs or sign up for newsletters from your favorite stores. They often send exclusive discounts to their members.
7. Haggle Smartly:
In some local markets, bargaining is common. If you’re comfortable with it, try negotiating for a better price, but do so respectfully.
8. Use Cash or Local Currency:
Some stores may offer discounts when you pay with cash or the local currency, so it’s a good idea to have some on hand.
9. Tax-Free Shopping:
If you’re a tourist, inquire about tax-free shopping options. In some countries, you can get a refund on the Value Added Tax (VAT) for certain purchases.
10. Outlet Malls:
Consider visiting outlet malls if there are any nearby. They are known for offering brand-name items at lower prices.
11. Timing Matters:
Shop during non-peak hours or days. Weekdays or mornings tend to be less crowded, and you might have better luck negotiating deals.
12. Ask for Recommendations:
Don’t hesitate to ask store staff for recommendations on the best deals or if they have any current promotions.
13. Be Mindful of Quality:
While hunting for bargains, ensure you’re not compromising on product quality. Sometimes, higher-priced items offer better value in the long run.
Remember to enjoy the shopping experience and the unique products that Vanuatu has to offer while keeping your budget in mind.
Do well to share this article with others and and don’t forget to bookmarks us for recent updates.